Statement of Faith
His Truth Transforms International is founded upon the sufficiency of Christ and His Word, and is committed to the truths revealed by the Reformation. As such, we hold to the five “Alones.”
We reaffirm the inspired and inerrant Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the sole source of written divine revelation, which alone can bind the conscience. The Bible alone teaches all that is necessary for our salvation from sin and is the standard by which all Christian behavior must be measured.
We reaffirm that our salvation is accomplished by the work of the unique Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, alone. His sinless life and substitutionary death upon the cross alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to God the Father.
We reaffirm that in salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His grace alone. It is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
We reaffirm that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. In justification Christ’s righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.
TO GOD ALONE BE GLORY
We reaffirm that because salvation is God and has been accomplished by God, it is for God’s glory and that we must glorify Him always. We must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God and for His glory alone.
(Adapted from the George Whitefield Society – used by permission)
- We affirm that the Bible is God’s infallible, inerrant Word consisting of the 66 books of both the Old and New Testaments. It is the supreme and ultimate authority in all matters concerning faith and practice and is sufficient in all things pertaining to life and godliness. (Authority pertains to faith – sufficiency to practice. (2 Peter 1:3)
- We affirm that there is but one God creator of heaven and earth who exists in three persons – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each possesses equally all the attributes of Deity. (Colossians 2:9)
- We affirm that Jesus Christ is God, the visible expression of the invisible God, total in His humanity and total in His deity. He was God incarnate, living a sinless life, dying a substitutionary death for our sins and raised from the dead in the flesh. He ascended to heaven where He sits and the right hand of God forever making intercession for the saints.
- We affirm that the Holy Spirit is fully God, a distinct personality, and His ministry is to exalt and complete the work that Jesus Christ began. We believe that apart from the Spirit’s indwelling presence man cannot be saved, and that every believer has the privilege and necessity of being filled and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm that man was created in the image of God. However, he sinned by disobeying God and thus fell from grace. In his fallen estate man was no longer invested with the Holy Spirit, but permeated in indwelling sin producing in man a nature prone to sin and is incapable of being godly. Man is incapable of pleasing God and unable to provide for his own salvation.
- We affirm that salvation is a free gift of God (Ephesians 2:8,9), and cannot be achieved through human merit. Salvation can only come through our Lord Jesus Christ and no one else. (Acts 4:12) At salvation the believer receives a new human spirit that is complete in Christ. (Ezekiel 36:26 – Colossians 2:10) It is the Holy Spirit who enthrones Christ within the heart.
- We affirm that apart from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and His empowering grace the Christian is powerless to live a vital, victorious life. Every Christian has the privilege of living in the fullness of the Spirit.
- We affirm that the Church is the Body of Christ consisting of all believers everywhere. The local church exists for the purpose of encouraging, equipping and sustaining the Christian in his walk of faith.
- We affirm that when a Christian dies he or she is transported immediately to heaven to enjoy the fellowship of Christ and to dwell there for eternity.
- We affirm that Jesus Christ will return again to the earth as a glorious, victorious King to rule over His Kingdom on earth.
- We affirm that Christians are called to be witnesses here on earth of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8)